Yay! You’re coming to Peru!
I appreciate the trust you’ve placed in me, and I will work hard to keep you safe, healthy, and reasonably comfortable while you enjoy an epic and potentially life-changing visit to Peru. I can’t wait to share some of my favorite travel experiences with you and to get to know you in person!
First, we have to take care of some business. Please read through the disclaimers below, and then use the appropriate Paypal button to either pay your deposit or set up your installment plan.
This is an adventure, not a luxury travel experience. We’re traveling through a third-world country and trying to experience the local culture, so our travel will be a bit rugged at times.
- Our house is more luxurious than a typical Peruvian home, but it has no heating (other than a wood fireplace) or air conditioning.
- The Lake Titicaca homestay experience might be even more rugged (it might lack indoor plumbing, for instance).
- We will share light chores around the house (cooking, dishes, tidying up).
- Wifi and phone service may be erratic.
- We can’t be certain that hot water will be available at all times.
- We’ll be taking the same public transportation locals use, including mototaxis and “collectivo” vans.
- When no public transportation is available, we may need to walk for a mile or more (we’ll find help if somone is injured of course).
- There will be heat, cold, dirt, bugs, and animals (cows, llamas, alpacas, guinea pigs).
- We will be interacting with local people as our equals, not our servants. We may eat in their homes and spend time in their villages.
If all of the above make you feel slightly nervous but also excited, you are signed up for the right trip!
If you are having second thoughts, please talk to me about them and let’s figure out together if this is the right trip for you. E-mail me at Lauren@laurenhaas.com and if you’d like to talk on the phone we can schedule a call.
I’m choosing our lodging, food, guides and tour companies with the same care I use when I make choices for myself, but I cannot be responsible for the actions and services of others.
I highly recommend travel insurance (I use World Nomads) that covers cancellations, lost luggage, theft, and medical emergencies.
I also recommend patience and a positive attitude when traveling in developing countries. Things rarely happen exactly as planned, time is flexible, and it’s important to go with the flow and experience the local culture without judgment. “It’s all part of the adventure™” will be our mantra.
Your space will be reserved when I have received your deposit or first installment payment. Deposits are non-refundable. Balance is due 30 days before the first day of your event, and becomes non-refundable at that time. If for any reason I have to cancel your event, I will refund everything you’ve paid in full.
By choosing a payment option and submitting your payment, you are agreeing to all of the above.
Pay in installments
Your first payment will occur when you use this button, and the other five payments will occur automatically each month using the same payment method.
Pay a $200 deposit now to secure your space; the balance will be due 30 days before your event. I’ll send you a Paypal invoice for the remainder, which will allow you to make partial or full payments at your discretion.
You should NOT need a Paypal account to use these buttons. If you have trouble with this system, please e-mail me Lauren@laurenhaas.com